How campaigns works?

Campaigns forum is an important part of the Rewards System.
Only mod or user with “Campaign Management Team” badge can vote for campaign. There are maximum of 7 people in the team and DAO can vote to choose member of the campaign team.

A campaign will follow one of 2 paths:

• [Polling] => [Approved] => [OnGoing] => [Finished]
  • [Polling] => [Failed]

[Pooling] indicates that this Campaign is up for voting.
[Approved] indicates that this Campaign is approved but not yet started.
[OnGoing] indicates that this Campaign is on going, you can start all tasks now.
[Finished] indicates that this Campaign is closed, nothing else can be done.
[Failed] indicates that this Campaign does not go through review process.

There are 2 ways a campaign can show up in here:

1. A popular vote in #community-suggestion with more than 100 views or 10 likes (Note that this number is subjected to change).
  2. A member of Campaign Management Team create a new post.

A campaign should follow the template below:

1. Name of the campaign

Please be short and precise, less than 200 characters.

2. Motivation

Why do you want to hold this campaign? What benefit would it bring to the Protocol? or What problem it will solve on behalf of the Protocol?

3. Rewards size and mechanism

What is the Total amount of the Reward pool allocated for this campaign? What token or NFT do you want to use and how much. Can you please resonate the reward to the benefit?
What is the reward mechanism? Please be specific. For example: how you going to measure the, how user can game your campaign and how you are going to against it?

4. Timeline: latest start date and latest end date

What is the latest Start date of this Campaign? The latest start day that this campaign still bring value to the protocol.
What is the latest End date of this Campaign? Campaign should not end after this day.

5. Participant condition

Who will be the Participant of this Campaign? Please be specific. For example: the participant of campaign X is holder of Hectagon Tiger Tribe is not specific enough; instead it should be holder of Hectagon Tiger Tribe between 1 August 2022 to 3 August 2022.

6. Polling Period

The polling process begins now and will end at HH:MM UTC on DD/MM/YYYY.

7. Poll

• For
  • Against

0 voters

Conclusion

Campaign will use the “Contribution Rewards” pool which contribute a large part of $HECTA, so it is important for Campaign Management Team to give rewards with care.

Hi k2, can I clarify 3 points:

1. Voting For or Against: Is it only 7 Campaign Management Team can vote? Not any DAO member? Is it still valid pass if it gets only 1 vote?
  2. What can I do if I want to change the information of the campaign, after the voting is closed, but the campaign is still ongoing?
  3. If the funding is not used up of the approved budget, do I need to update anywhere about that?
1 Like